Woke up tres early (4am) thanks to cold medication that wore off in the middle of the night. So just chilling here for a while until the boy wakes up! Perfect time for a Christmas Day me-me :-)
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wrapped or gift bagged! (for the wrapping impaired)
3. Coloured lights or white lights on tree/house?
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Go up around 12 days before and down before 12 days after.
6. What is your favourite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Turkey & Cranberry!
7. Favourite Holiday memory as a child?
Lying in bed Christmas Eve so excited (I was practically levitating I am sure!) about Santa Claus coming - trying to go to sleep to make it come faster.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
My cousin L. told me on the beach front at Great Yarmouth one year. I was devastatingly disappointed - but worshipped the ground she walked on....so she HAD to be telling me the truth- right?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Everything gets opened Christmas morning (over a cup of tea) and before breakfast.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Lot of lights, ornaments I have collected through the years and strings of bead garland and bows (no tinsel, we have cats!)
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love fresh, new fallen snow....hate having to drive in it...hate ice rain.
12. Can you ice skate?
H'mmm kinda, sorta, ummmm....no.
13. Do you remember your favourite gift?
My EasyBake oven when I was 4.
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Spending time with family, good food (good wine) and seasonal shows on tv!
15. What is your favourite Holiday Dessert?
Toss up between Christmas pudding with brandy butter...or homemade Sherry trifle.
16. What is your favourite holiday tradition?
I can't think of one specific tradition that I love more than any other. Pulling the Christmas Crackers at the table. The "stockings first" rule whilst the grown ups make a cuppa tea. Home baked Cinnamon buns for Christmas morning for breakfast. Visits to family on Boxing Day. It's all wonderful!
17. What tops your tree?
An Angel with fibre optic wings :)
18. Prefer giving or receiving?
Both...but if had to choose, giving, I love to see their faces!
19. What is your favourite Christmas Song?
Far too many to list. Both old and new...carols and modern pop!
20. Candy Canes, yuck or yummy?
They are OK once a year :)