January 8, 2007

Slimming Season

Christmas over.

New Year's over.

Birthday over.

So beginneth the Slimming Season.

Joining me for the first time ever - the boy - who has decided he'd like to drop a few pounds and tone up. I must say I was very touched when he said he wanted to do this with me. It sure makes meals easier to prepare if we are both eating rabbit food, rather than preparing two separate meals.

I'd post "before" pics...but would rather wait and see if the "afters" look any better! LOL

Ironically I was thinking back to my teens/early 20's and happened to recall what I weighed back when I counted every calorie that went into my mouth. It was a shock to realise the weight I was then, that I considered so terribly fat, was even less than what my goal weight today is.

'Twas the month after Xmas and all thru the house
Nothing would fit me - not even a blouse!!!!!
The stuffing I'd nibbled, the turkey I'd tasted
The yummies I'd eaten gone straight to my waist(ed)
The wine and mince pies,the bread and the cheese
I should have just said "No thank you,please"
So as I dressed myself in my boyfriends old shirt
I couldn't believe my bottom and belly-the girth!!!!!!!!
I said to myself as only I can
"You cant spend the year disguised as a man"!!!!!!!
So away with the last of the sour cream dip
Get rid of the fruitcake,every cracker and chip
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
'Till all the additional ounces have vanished
I wont have a cookie,not even a lick
Instead I'll chew on a long celery stick.
I wont have Irish coffees or chocholates or pie
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry
"I'm hungry, I'm lonesome and life is a bore
But isnt that what Janurary's for?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unable to giggle,no longer a riot
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!!!!!!

No comments: