November 18, 2006

Filler and fluff

OK we are on ....what day is it?....right...the 18th day of NaBloPoMo, ummm I mean November. I am on day (night) number 6 of my night shift...and to be honest I have nothing to say. My world this week has been "work-home-sleep repeat" - so I have no news to share and no gossip. So what does a girl do when she has a NaBloPoMo obligation to fill? We do a meme!!

1.Grab the book nearest to you, turn on page 18 and find line 4.
"Like so much of what you see on television or on the big screen, that show and others like it don't reflect any world I've ever heard of." (Dr. Phil talking about the tv show 'Sex and the City' in his book 'Love Smart'.)

2.Stretch your left arm out as far as you can.
H'mmm coffee cup, yes I could do with another one...brb.

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
Holmes on Homes...gawd I love this guy. Now watching Top Gear...which I haven't seen in years - I love this BBC Canada channel, it will be hard to give it up in January.

4.Without looking, guess what time it is?
Ummm, about 7:10pm?

5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
7:06 pm ...not bad!

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Revving car engines ...see answer # 3.

7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Walking from the car to the house this morning after work.

8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
E-mail.

9. What are you wearing?
Still in my sleep tee and robe...need to hit the shower in a few.

10. Did you dream last night?
I don't remember. I rarely remember my dreams.

11. When did you last laugh?
Last night at work probably.

12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
A few framed black and white photographs and black and white art pieces.

13. Seen anything weird lately?
Nothing springs to mind.

14. What do you think of this quiz?
It is filling a NaBloPoMo requirement. A post a day.

15. What is the last film you saw?
At the movies? Well I saw the World Trade Centre back in August...I can't believe that was the last time I was at the movies.

16. If you became a multimillionaire overnight, what would you buy?
The house of my dreams.

17. Tell me something about you that I dunno.
I go through spells of growing my nails to ridiculous lengths ...well ridiculous for speed typing purposes, getting weekly manicures etc. and then going back to my usual chewed stubs.

18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
Oh this is a toughie. I can think of so many downsides to so many solutions. Obviously an end to all wars, poverty, disease and the environment repaired/replenished...but the actual solutions to these problems just create more problems. Sigh.

19. Do you like to dance?
I love to dance. Shake it!

20. George Bush
Can't stand him and I trust him about as far as I can chuck him.

21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
I had always thought Sarah, which means princess. That is never going to happen now.

22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
My first child is a boy...and for blogging purposes he is simply known as "The Boy". He has told me however that he wishes I had called him Sebastian (which I didn't). I must admit I do like the idea of being able to choose your own name once you are old enough to do so.

23. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Yes, I love the idea of experiencing different countries and cultures. Maybe I could do that with all my multi-millions from question 16.

24.What do you want GOD to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?
Welcome home.

25. 4 people who must also do this meme in their journal.
Oh I hate this part. Do it if you want, specially on a day when your mind is blank, as mine was today. Just let me know so that I can drop by for a read!

No comments: